
So - I bought a bicycle. "So what?", you ask. It hardly seems like blog-worthy news does it?
But wait... there's more.
It is my intention to ride this bicycle to and from work. I tell you this not so that you may ridicule me (yes, I know my friends a little too well), but so that I may be held accountable for my decision. In other words, now I will have to tell you if I chicken out or give up.
Xander had his pre-kindergarten physical the other day and an actual relative (my Mom) happened to be on hand to describe all the family health problems to the doctor. Let's just say that I hope Xander received a more than normal amount of genes from his father...
So now I am 40 (almost), have a five year old (can you say Class of 2021), and come to the sudden realization that I am bound to acquire almost every health problem imaginable. What is a woman to do?
Well, more exercise won't hurt, but previous forays into the aimless exercising arena have barely lasted as long as hot bread on my dinner table. I need to find a way to make this more efficient.
Bicycle Commuting - TA DA!
More on my motivations and progress to come. Wish me luck (and good health)!
Miles ridden: 0

No comments:
Post a Comment