I made it to work and back yesterday! The morning was lovely - pretty cool and not too much traffic until I got to Harrison Ave where I decided to take the crosswalk anyway because the entire last half of the trip is uphill and there was no way I could pedal through that light with any amount of speed (not yet anyway). My left wrist hurt all day (that's an improvement because both were hurting during my practice runs.
The shower routine needs some tweaking mostly because by the time I left the gym and rode over to my building I was all sweaty again so I'll have to figure that one out. It rained all day, but miraculously cleared up before I had to leave (and I thought I was going to get out of it...).
The ride home was admittedly not as pleasant. I was tired and my wrist hurt and it was much hotter and there was more traffic to contend with. There are also 2 trickier left turns on the way back. One I handled well, one needed some improvement.
But I made it! And I was really proud of myself! We'll see how my body feels when I ask it to do the same thing again tomorrow. In the meantime, I'll be praying for a freak snow storm :-)
Miles ridden: 38

No comments:
Post a Comment