
Did you know that sunrise changes every day? Yeah well, what am I, a farmer...
I was aware of this fact, but given my life experiences so far it never really mattered much to me. After a few weeks of commuting by bicycle I began to realize that it was darker when I left than it was when I first started and I thought I'd better find out more about this sunrise time thing.
It turns out you can easily find this type of information at time and date.com
Well, I currently leave around 6:20 and today's sunrise was at 6:44 (although twilight is about 30 minutes earlier than that). When I started bicycle commuting sunrise was at 6:10. It will get to be as late as 7:30 when the clocks will change and it will be 6:30 again and then it will get later and later again until it is at 7:30.
So I got a brighter light and I may have to think about adjusting my schedule slightly although afternoon traffic concerns keep me from adjusting it too much.
I am riding 5 miles each way now (starting today) and I will start adding another mile every couple of weeks until I am going the whole 8.5 miles. I am looking forward to layering weather although keeping hands and face warm may become an issue.
I really do enjoy it, but wish there weren't quite so many hills. When you drive in a car you don't pay any attention to hills unless some annoying bicyclist is getting in your way and slowing you down :-)
Miles ridden: 208

No comments:
Post a Comment